Tuesday 25 December 2007

Merry Christmas

Hadn't planned on posting again but I was just looking through the India pictures and was overwhelmed by how beautiful it looks. I'm not sure if I really appreciated (or was able to appreciate) this at the time, due to the negative aspects (the dirt, the poverty, the hassle, the noise etc). Not wanting to put anyone off visiting - quite the contrary in fact - it's just that India's beauty was not the thing that stood out for me and made it the incredible experience that it was. Perhaps it will appear differently the next time I visit.

Incidentally, for anyone considering a similar trip, I urge you not to hesitate. Having said that, I have learned one important thing: when I left England I thought I hated living here and wanted to move abroad....now I realise I was completely wrong - the truth is, I bloody love England and if I were to move away (which I may do), it would be with the intention of returning home soon. There is nowhere quite like England in the world (indeed, most of the countries I have visited spend much of their time trying to imitate it's uniqueness). I suspect our grass is the greenest....

Merry Christmas....enjoy the rain (I know I will).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.